SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR CHURCH PIANIST
Description: To serve as the official Pianist for the music ministry of the Church.
Accountability: The Church Pianist reports directly to the Church Director of Music Ministries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Services as pianist for the Sunday service(s).
2. Provides piano accompaniment for the Chancel Choir rehearsals once weekly and as needed for additional practices; rehearses and accompanies other church choirs, groups, and soloists (vocal and instrumental) that are agreed upon with the Director of Music Ministries when needed.
3. Consults with the Pastor, Director of Music Ministries, and/or individuals for specific services, including weddings, memorial services, and funerals, if needed; rehearses with soloist or group members.
4. Coordinates a substitute pianist when necessary in consultation with Director of Music Ministries.
5. Assists the Director of Music Ministries with locating vendors to maintain and repair the piano as needed.
6. Coordinates special music with the Director of Music Ministries and organist.
7. Substitutes for organist when needed by providing prelude, offertory, and postlude.
8. Attends music workshops, conferences, etc., to improve knowledge and skills.
9. Serves as a member of the Worship Committee and attends regular church worship staff meetings as able.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
• Work is Part Time, Exempt.
• Criminal background check.
• Work may include early mornings, days, nights, weekends, and holidays;
remuneration for special services will be provided by the individuals requesting these services.
Knowledges, Abilities, and Skills
• Proficiency on piano and keyboard.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of music styles on the piano and keyboard.
• Ability to practice and prepare in advance of performance.
• Ability to sight and part read music.
• Ability to work flexible hours in keeping with required worship and rehearsal schedule, and other church programs as requested.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of music theory with an emphasis in piano and keyboarding.
Three years of experience in piano (or organ) performance preferably in a Christian setting with choral and vocal groups. Related education or experience may be substituted.
Apply by: sending a resume and contacting Rev. Sara Bayles at email@example.com. You will receive an confirmation of received email and resume once submitted. Preference given to applications received by May 27, 2019. Competitive compensation based upon experience and skill. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.